Gołdap is located in the extreme north-easternmost part of warmińsko-mazurskie viovodship in Mazury Garbate region. The town was founded in the 2nd half of 16th century, at the junction of three borders: Teutonic, Lithuanian and the Crown. The historical Tripoint exists today near Bolcie village, approx. 40 km north-east from Gołdap towards Wiżajny village.
There is Gołdap-Gusiev border with the Russian Federation (Kaliningrad Disctrict) located in Gołdap.
In 2000 the town was granted the status of a health resort. We owe this to remarkable advantages of the climate, crystal clear air, peat decks as well as healing and mineral waters decks that are located here. In May 2014 the construction of the pump room of healing and mineral waters building was finished – spring and spring park with fourth saline graduation towers in Poland.
Moraine landscape, rich in valleys, lakes, rivers and forests, supports both active leisure and lazing around in nature. With its surroundings Gołdap is a perfect-match place for sports and recreation in various forms and at any time of the year: walking, running, cycling, swimming as well as skiing and winter skating madness. In the winter, ski lifts operate on Piękna Góra mountain with the longest T-bar lift in this part of Poland – 650 m – and a toboggan run – 1200 m.
Location in the town’s centre is an unquestionable advantage of the Hotelik Gołdap. Our guests can enjoy a variety of services and spend their time pleasantly. In close vicinity of the Hotelik Gołdap there are numerous service industries (florist’s, beauty salons and barbershops), swimming pool, restaurants, confectionary, shops, ATMs, money exchange, etc.
Tourist attractions and places to visit
- Gołdap lake, Gołdapa river
- Gołdap water reservoir
- Historic water tower with a viewing terrace from 1905
- Saline graduation towers and the spring park
- Piękna Góra mountain with a rotating café, chairlift, a toboggan run and ski slopes
- Environmental farm of Rudziewicz family – safari
- Railway bridges in Stańczyki, Botkuny and Kiepojcie
- Pyramid tomb in Rapa
- Tripoint in Bolcie village
- Eco-village – Biegnący Wilk Morsztyn
- Romincka Forest – Głazy Wilhelma stone rocks, hiking and cycling trails
- Regional Museum Of Gołdap Region named after Mieczysław Marian Ratasiewicz
- Dom Kultury community centre – mobile exhibitions, vernissages, concerts, movie theater
- Kumiecie forest with bunkers and V2 rocket launchers from the World War II